Sunday 17 August 2014

Some Of My Work






Zombie Illustration

This zombie character was made using my Graphics Tablet and Adobe Photoshop. The illustration was originally used as a video thumbnail for a video on my YouTube channel that I share with some friends, however I thought that having the illustration on its own would be more relevant to the rest of this blog.
The illustration was drawn from my imagination. I initially started with a light blue base layer - as inspired by the likes of Evan Eckard and, even, Disney artists. I then went on to draw the thick black line around the rough sketch and fill the inside with colour. I finally tried to make the illustration seem a bit more real with shadows underneath the hair, eyelids and lips.


SwannnGaming

This is the artwork I made for mine and my friends YouTube channel. You can see the full design "in action" here: https://www.youtube.com/user/SwannnGaming

The design is mainly made from type. However, when I was designing this in Illustrator I decided to change the original font in some way. As I have been looking at typography and calligraphy, I attempted at adding a flick to the top of the "S". I am happy with the final result and I also think the "elegance" of the flick resembles a Swan - although, it may not describe the users of this YouTube channel.



Orator Std

This poster is based around a font name called "Orator Std". When experimenting with the font, I decided that it would fit in to a horror themed design. I was inspired by the look of a movie poster.

With this quick design, I wanted to have a lot of negative space leaving the title and "film review" standing out so that the viewer will easily notice them.

I made this design in Photoshop using type. different styled brushes and textures. The blood drip was made with a simple round brush and three colours. The base red colour, the lighter colour to make it seem shiny and the darker colour for shadow.












No comments:

Post a Comment