Tuesday 2 September 2014

Mock Clothing Company



Upside Down! Clothing is another idea of mine where I could experiment and practice with different types of Graphic Design such as logo design and website design.

As I haven't really studied the principles of a logo etc. I put together a quick logo using a couple of different fonts; "Bebas Neue" and "Blenda Script". I was aiming for the logo to be simple, neat and recognisable. As the idea is called "Upside Down! Clothing", I wanted to make a small adjustment to the text which would resemble the name; I flipped the "Down" to make it upside down.

After I had created the logo just from my ideas, I decided I wanted to make a website homepage concept. I first gathered inspiration from websites such as "Obey Clothing" (http://shop.obeyclothing.co.uk/). I really liked the simplicity of the layout and colours which made the website easy to navigate but, at the same time, made it look attractive.

As I was eager to get into the concept designing of the website, I didn't complete the measurements right away. This is not, really, the correct industry practice, however I believe designers, artists and photographers should work however they feel is the most efficient for them. Despite this, I put together a simple layout. Remembering the key principles of a website, I placed the logo at the top left of the design and placed the navigation bar close to it. I followed my inspiration of having a simple black and white design with spots of colour in other sections. I really like the idea of having boxes as I find that they seem more cleaner and isolate themselves making it easier for the customer to navigate.

After I had roughly put together the concept design, I decided that it would be a good idea to set the measurements as it would make the website cleaner and it would make it a lot easier when it comes to Dreamweaver.

Here is the final homepage concept design. As it is only a concept, I used photographs from the internet.


I finally went on to print my first t-shirt using a plain white "Fruit of the Loom" tee and a iron on transfer. The iron on transfer left a visable film on the top of the design which, I think, does not look very professional. I would have liked to screen print the design, however I do not have these tools at hand.


"You cannot ‘copyright an idea’, but copyright will apply to a recorded work that realises your ideas."
http://www.copyrightservice.co.uk/services/knowledge-base/kb_idea

No comments:

Post a Comment