Monday 1 September 2014

HORR-ATOMY



The Idea

Horr-Atomy is just a name I used to call one of my ideas. The idea of linking "horror" to the "anatomy". You would have seen a lot of the anatomy in films, mainly ones that are quite gruesome. However, I wanted to link them together, along with a bit of cartoon inspiration, using my photography and Photoshop skills.

The Process

For the example below, I have taken a couple of pictures. One, of the person standing, in a horror-like pose, in front of the background and one, just simply, of the background. I used a high "f number" so that almost all of the photograph would be in focus. The pictures where then taken to Photoshop where I made them black and white which, I thought, resembles a scary scene. 

I would then go on to draw out and colour the hole and organs. I used a thick paintbrush and bright colours to get the cartoon look. I wanted the happy colours to contrast the dull, horror themed surroundings to create this, almost, evil Disney theme.

Finally, I added a few effects, such as the rain drops, using different paintbrushes.



"You cannot ‘copyright an idea’, but copyright will apply to a recorded work that realises your ideas."
http://www.copyrightservice.co.uk/services/knowledge-base/kb_idea

No comments:

Post a Comment